Our story began with a passionate idea that we could change the world.... And to be honest, we’ve never stopped believing that... In 1986 it was a simple concept that microbiology teamed with innovation and clinical contribution could eliminate an issue that was profoundly impacting the healthcare industry – HIV acquired through needle-stick injuries.
In Australia, we lived out our dream. Investing years into R&D to create the safest containment system in the world and taking on the industry status quo to petition for higher standards in sharps protection, we witnessed an 80+ percent reduction in disposal-related needlestick injuries nationwide. And then we kept going...
Today Daniels Health, led by our founding visionary Dan Daniels, is working across healthcare facilities globally to usher in a new minimum standard in sharps and medical waste management. Bringing safety and infection control to the forefront of healthcare waste management, and ensuring KPI’s of cost, waste volume, and environmental impact is a shared responsibility between the waste generator and its Daniels partnership, Daniels Health is bringing healthcare waste back into the clinical spotlight.
In 32 years, from a home garage with nothing but makeshift PVC waste tubes and an irrepressible dream, Daniels has grown to become one of the most influential healthcare service companies in the world. Its safe practices have become the benchmark of global standards, its robotic washing and treatment technologies have achieved unprecedented levels of decontamination efficacy, and its products are esteemed unrivaled industry-wide in the protection of the safety of healthcare workers. We are collectively and passionately committed to Making Healthcare Safer.
To learn all facets of the operation space (production, transport, logistics, P&L, administration, customer service and management) to become a well-rounded leader within the organization. To review all plant processes and implement process changes. Responsible for leading initiatives in numerous areas and setting production priorities to meet customer needs.
• Rotate through a series of roles within the plant to become well rounded in the operational space
• Work on the plant floor to understand the daily plant operations
• Monitor floor operations metrics and analyze data to determine areas of needed improvement
• Ride along with drivers to understand their day to day
• Work with the Plant Manager or Driver Supervisor to debrief drivers and gather feedback
• Review of transportation information (vendors, GPS reports on stops, times, miles, and non-compliance issues) with Plant Manager and leadership team to take action to create operational efficiencies to improve service or reduce costs
• Work with plant administration to review their processes and procedures and implement change as needed
• Travel to the Chicago Support Office to gain understanding of the support roles in relation to the plant operations and build relationships within all functions of the organization
• Liaison between local plant team and support office personnel
• Coordinate internal communication forums for plant employees
• Analyzing processes including partnering with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, make recommendations, and implement changes to further business goals
• Support the identity and leader of process improvement initiatives as assigned
• Management of projects as assigned by the Plant Manager or Senior Leaders to create operational efficiencies and reduce costs
• No degree needed! Just your wit, passion and determination!
• Excellent customer service
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and targets
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
• Organized with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve short and long-term goals
• Flexible and adaptive approach to change
• Team player who can build partnerships in cross functional teams
• Ability to travel when required
• Ability to work weekends, holidays or flex hours as needed by production demands