The mission of Daniels Health Canada is to save lives through making healthcare safer. As a privately owned company, the Canadian operations are a part of a larger global group operating in the USA, South Africa, UK, Australian and New Zealand markets. With a strong focus on future growth and business improvement, we have created a new position in the business for an inspiring leader to join our team in the role of Financial Controller reporting to the Canadian CFO.
The Canadian Financial Controller is responsible for leading the Canadian finance function from both a business and a transactional accounting / finance perspective. The Financial Controller will be a key member of the Canadian management team. The role will need to drive the following financial disciplines through the entrepreneurial culture of the business:
- A Finance-lead collaborative return on investment and a ‘business case in advance of capital expenditure’ culture within the business;
- Striving for constant annual improvements of results, including plant and asset utilization;
- Improving processes and efficiencies related to comparing actual results against target benchmarks; and
- Promoting sound financial stewardship throughout the business.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals in a manner that facilitates their engagement, and promotes professional and career development;
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of reporting, as well as the analysis and presentation of Canadian results to stakeholders (internal management, and the Board);
- Drive the budget and forecasting process including negotiation with key stakeholders;
- Responsibility for the audit and tax compliance, including tax compliance in conjunction with the Group Tax Manager were required;
- Governance and oversight for all business contracts, reporting and banking and treasury relationships;
- Reinforce and further develop where appropriate the key accounting policies of the business. Identify and maintain a strong and robust internal control environment for the business;
- Keep management of the business informed of the selection and progress of business initiatives, as well as work with other departments to assess the profitability of new and existing contracts and projects;
- In partnership with the Finance Team, assist with the identification and management of business acquisitions and integration; and
- Other functions as required by management.
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation (CPA);
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience working in a Finance Department or similar role;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft tools and ability to learn new software applications;
- Excellent organization and people management skills;
- Excellent business, negotiation and communication skills;
- Experience with environmental compliance will be considered an asset.