Daniels Health is paving the way for smart, safe and sustainable waste management solutions. Daniels Health manages the collection, transport and treatment of all healthcare generated waste streams which includes sharps, clinical, cytotoxic, pharmaceutical, secure destruction, commingle recycling and hazardous waste. Daniels is entrepreneurial, fast growing and ready to expand our workforce.
As a result we now have the opportunity for a Hazardous Material Waste Technician to join our New Jersey team. The Hazardous Material Waste Technician will be responsible for the physical sorting of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous waste on site at our hospital locations.
- The medications and liner will be removed from our pharma container and placed onto a sorting table within the accumulation room at each site.
- The technicians will properly package the pharmaceutical waste into Non-Hazardous and Hazardous containers and prepare it for pickup.
- Manage hazardous waste in accordance with EPA and state regulations.
- Ensure hazardous waste containers meet EPA and DOT requirements.
- Properly mark and label containers.
- The technicians will also notify Daniels Health when a pickup is needed to ensure we minimize the number of pickups.
- Provide day to day customer service and strong use of initiative to accurately problem solve.
To be successful for the role you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Desired training in Hazwoper.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, problem solver.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in both a team environment, and independently without direct supervision.
- Able to operate any related equipment essential to the position.